Wednesday, August 3, 2011

An Eye On the Sky

And, I'm back. Forgive me for my absence, I got a little wrapped up in a world I often visit and occasionally forget to leave....but I'm officially grounded and it feels nice. A quick peek into my little world these past few months...

Home- I survived my 68 day tour of the island of Curacao. The following I will never again take for granted: My bed, Starbucks, family happy hour, cloudy days, having a kitchen, my car, Target, trees (non palm), fall/winter clothing, and soup...big pots of soup (especially making it).

Paris- I could never insult my trip by simply including it in an entry, Paris deserves its very own...more to come on the trip of love.

San Francisco- This magical place has not left my heart nor my mind since last October. I fell in love, left, and will be making my way back. I mean, a city where a girl (or a boy) can wear leggings, boots and scarves almost all year?! Heaven! I envision a charming, shabby chic, cozy apartment (I've looked on Craigslist, realistically I would be in a rat den), market Saturday's prancing around town, picking up groceries, and taking pictures with my serious, photography girl camera that I will get this year for Christmas (*Mom/Dad Nikon d300s*), outdoor concerts, and wine country Sundays! Ugh...die, die, die at the thought of it and will be reborn when life in SF is no longer a dream, but my very own Anthropology-esque reality!

St. Lucia-Call me Caribbean Queen, because I am back! Four weeks here and nine in Curacao mean this little lady has spent THIRTEEN weeks on the beach JUST this year. If I don't see the Sun, sand, or a strawberry daiquiri for the the next twenty, you will not hear a complaint from me! (I will be home on Sunday, I will be home on Sunday, I will be home on Sunday)

Wedding- My big sister is getting married on October 1st. This is a huge deal because:

1. She is my only sister.
2. I am the MOH (Maid of Honor, daaaaa...I googled it about a year ago)
3. This is probably the one and only time I will be an MOH (Little bit bratty/Little bit flakey)
4. I have not been in a wedding since my big debut as a flower girl at the age of five. I was stunning.
5. Speech. Speech. Speech. This has been on my mind since the age of thirteen when I was informed that all MOH's give a speech.

Just to emphasize, this wedding is a very big deal (in my world). I will keep you posted.

Lastly...

Fall. Is. Coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment