Monday, February 17, 2014

Fifty Shades of Pink


Do you like Valentine's day? If you were to ask me this question a week ago I would have shrugged and said "yeah, it's fine", if you had asked me on Friday night around 6:00 p.m. I would have been ecstatic and told you I LOVED it as I finished the final touches of turning my home into cupid's love nest covered with heart shaped love notes taped in various places, a tower of sweets that was better fit for a baby shower, and massive preparations for an unforgettable dinner made by yours truly. Believe it or not, I really don't care about this holiday all that much, what I do care about is any opportunity that involves decorating and cooking. So when I, oh so innocently, slipped out on Thursday evening to buy some peanut butter hearts for my beaux, I fell victim to the holiday decoration temptation section of Target and suddenly I was a woman on a full blown V-day mission. Heart shaped plates, and cookie cutters, and red dye, oh my! To Lululemon! To PaperSource! To Sur la Table! 

I'm going to share my Valentine's recipes with you, however, it must be said that I completely, one hundred percent, hate to admit, didn't have a choice, I work, I can't do it all, not all the time, half assed this since it was more for presentation purposes and was planned very, very last minute (less than 24 hours). SO, if you don't like to make anything from scratch, have no time, and /or no money...this recipe will be just perfect for you. 

Bang Bang Sugar Cookies: Buy a package of pre-made sugar cookie dough, spread flour on your work space, flatten out dough with a rolling pin, make shapes with adorable cookie cutters, bake, decorate with pre-made icing (cringing), sprinkles, colorful sugar etc. 

Cakes Cupped with Love: Buy a package of pre-made cake (chocolate) mix, prepare as directed on box (knife my heart), pour batter in adorable cupcake liners, bake, cool, ice.

**Icing-I purchased red food dye to mix with the white icing and had some fun creating different shades ranging from light to hot pink. I kept the cupcakes fairly simple, besides for some sprinkles on the white iced cakes. 

So there you are, a Valentine's day spread that was simple yet made with love. As for our dinner that evening, that was made with blood, sweat, and tears, but I'll save that for another day.
 xoxo




2.14.14




No comments:

Post a Comment