Sunday, August 4, 2013

The Cleanse: Part 1



Have you ever been on a cleanse? Pause-A lot of really major things have taken place in my life and this, being the most recent, probably shouldn't be the first thing I share, but if you've never cleansed then you just won't understand. I truly feel that it's my responsibility to share with you, everything that they don't tell you about cleansing, in case someone out there is on the verge of taking the plunge...from the diving board...of the high dive...into the empty pool....like that drug commercial from the 80's. Don't do it.

Why did I choose to cleanse?

Jamaica-I spent 8 days with three girlfriends on a work trip that happened to include next to no work and instead, day after day at the pool sipping frozen beverages, enjoying afternoon soft serve ice cream, and spending evenings dining in Italy! Japan! Mexico! America!. Am I the only one who, when the food is free, feels the need to order a soup, salad, appetizer, entree, dessert, espresso, and Limoncello at each meal? Who am I kidding, in real life I might split an appetizer with someone and dessert never gets ordered, let alone an after dinner drink or better yet a post after dinner drink. Sick.

Sonoma-The calories are always worth it in wine country and I'd do it again tomorrow (If I weren't cleansing, of course). I spent 8 glorious days at my favorite hotel in the world, yes the world, and it was heaven. Each morning was savored with a cup of steaming coffee and some of that cool northern Californian air breezing through the windows of my cottage style suite, some afternoons were spent working and some spent touring wineries, but each and every evening was spent indulging glass after glass after glass after glass after glass of our nation's best wine and paired with that wine, on most evenings, was an incredible meal at a few of my favorite Sonoma restaurants such as El Dorado KitchenThe Girl and the Fig, and Glen Ellen Inn. Sonoma blog to come with more suggestions...

Munich-And then I went to Germany for 12 days. In Germany they have three food groups and they are pretzels, wieners, and beer and each apply to breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Enough said.

And so that brought me home and eventually asking myself, "Um, whyyyyy did the zipper on my jeans break?", "Ew why are the arms of my Zara blazer suffocating me??", "WHY is there an imprint on my stomach when I take off my cropped J. Crew pants?!", "What is going on?!!". Well..Jamaica, Sonoma, and Munich went on. And they went on... and on... and on... and on and so I went off.


The Cleanse: Part 2 coming soon...








No comments:

Post a Comment