Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Fall Has Arrived

Well...I didn't last long. I tried hard, but couldn't do it. I woke up way too early this past Sunday morning and started running through the previous night in my head. I thought about running into my sister's high school ex boyf, the random guy dressed like Pee Wee Herman (what?!), my friends beautiful engagement ring, thinking shots were a good idea (sick), how I had to use the men's restroom because the line to the girl's was RIDIC (funny how I would never dream of doing that while out to lunch, but after 4 drinks seems completely acceptable)...and then I remembered something that made me really excited. I remembered the walk from Over/Under to Lucas and how cool the air felt. I thought of the walk from the bar to the car and how chilly it was outside, to the point of having goosebumps. I loved it! A friend of mine text me saying we should get lunch...and then I had the grandest of ideas. I told him we were going to the grocery store and I was going to make a huge pot of chili!! (my fav thing to cook in the fall) When I got to his house I asked him to turn down the air really low so it felt like fall annnnnd because I was starting to get a bit warm...in my leggings. I know...I am a total failure, but oh well, if I can extend fall to four months instead of three...well that is just amazing.

1 comment:

  1. "I told him we were going to the grocery store and I was going to make a huge pot of chili!! (my fav thing to cook in the fall)"

    SHUT UP! Somehow I have a huge craving for chili now...did I just secretly get tricked into thinking its fall? I thought that wasnt until AFTER Labor Day. :)

    Keep writing and I will check back here often!

    ReplyDelete